Re: Dented light pole

Jim,

Has the pole, visibly, bent about the dent location?
If yes, replace it.

If not, roll a 1/4" thick steel plate, 2 to 3 feet
long around the outer diameter of the pole and weld
the plate, straddling the length about the dent
location. Spending time on analysis may not be worth
it, unless it is a part of a Ph.D work.

Rajendran

http://mail.yahoo.com