Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
CORRUGATED DECK[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct EngAssoc" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: CORRUGATED DECK
- From: "ASC" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:46:15 +1000
From: "John J. Treff" <jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
Subject: Modeling Techniques (deck)
Does anybody have any input on how to model corrugated roof deck as shells?
Regardless of the software you use, I need to come up with an equivalent
shell thickness and material to model a common Vulcraft roof deck on top of
Any ideas on how to do this?
You need a code that has an orthotropic material input.
After you do the exercises, you will have to correct the output.
(You model to preserve stiffness, correction needed for stress.)
If you are serious, I can dig up an example, but orthotropy is nec.
in the FEA code.
Treat ribs as beams and assume the loading is carried in their direction only.
Shear is carried in the same way as by a plate projected on mean surface,
but the ribbed plate is more flexible.
Dr Gregory Szuladzinski, FIAust
Analytical Service Pty Ltd
5 Warwick St
Killara 2071, Australia
Tel. 612 9418-1842
- Prev by Subject: Re: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
- Next by Subject: CORRUGATED DECK
- Previous by thread: RE: 2x T&G decking
- Next by thread: CORRUGATED DECK