Re: Dynamic analysis of Table top foundation

Bhavin,

There are several books by such as Alexander Major, Suresh C. Arya, et al., Swami Saran and several papers. Some of the papers published in the Indian Concrete Journals.

Pleas elook at these literature.  The above books are available in India.

If you need any particular paper, please let me know I will send to you ( iave very good references on this subject.

Himat

>>> bhavin.design(--nospam--at)gmail.com 10/10/05 11:19 AM >>>
Dear All,

Please discuss following issues regarding dynamic analysis of Table
Top Foundation supporting high speed / low speed rotating machines
using software GTSTRUDL.

1) Modelling of structure :

1st option :Beams and columns are generated by beam elements.
                Top slab is generted by plate elements and
                Bottom slab is generated by solid elements
2nd option : All structural elements are generated by solid elements.

Kindly share your experience regarding the same.

2) Dynamic properties of soil :

   - Consideration of soil structure interaction in the computer model

    -How to consider effect of dynamic shear moduls and soil damping
in the  computer model.

    - Modelling of horizontal springs for simulating the effect of embedment

   - Ground water table affecting the dynamic properties of soil

3) Value of dynamic modulus  of elasticity of Concrete (generally
taken as 1.1 to 1.6 times static modulus of elasticity of Concrete)

Also, discuss the above mentioned issues for other softwares such as
DYNA, SACS, ANSYS, RISA, SAP2000  STAAD, NISA etc.

Kindly reply at : BHAVINKUMARSHAH(--nospam--at)ltcis.ltindia.com

Regards,

Bhavin Shah
Civil / Structural Engineer
L & T Chiyoda Limited, Baroda.