From: Christopher [mailto:cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 7:45 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: common rebar grade

Is 36ksi Grade 40 deformed concrete reinforcement still commonly available? I seem to remember that 60ksi rebar is becoming more and more common. I’m just wondering if I specify 36ksi rebar will the contractor probably end up with Grade 60 anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Incorporated

PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603-0129

22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601

352.754.2424 (o)

352.754.2412 (f)

cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net

www.arkengineering.net