RE: common rebar grade

I doubt Grade 40 is available around here, except
possibly #3 and #4.  "Grade 40" refers to minimum
yield strength of "40" ksi (what's the "36 ksi" refer
to?); so 60 ksi yield steel meets the spec for Grade
40, at least that's the way I look at it.
JPRiley
----------------------
Grade 40 will probably cost you more than Grade 60
since it is not a commonly stocked grade.
Roger C. Davis
Architect
----------------------
Is 36ksi Grade 40 deformed concrete reinforcement
still commonly available?  I seem to remember that
60ksi rebar is becoming more and more common. I'm just
wondering if I specify 36ksi rebar will the contractor
probably end up with Grade 60 anyway.
Thanks in advance.
Christopher Banbury, PE
President