RE: Floor Finish - Garbage Transfer Facility

We use Lapidolith by Sonneborn.

From: M. David Finley, P.E., P.A. [mailto:davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:16 PM
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)Seaint.Org
Subject: Floor Finish - Garbage Transfer Facility

I was looking at a garbage transfer facility earlier today and noticed
pretty significant deterioration of the concrete floor.  The facility
manager said he thinks the damage is from chemicals in the garbage, not the
equipment being used.  The deterioration appears to be fairly consistent,
even near the trench drains.  Since the equipment does not operate near the
drains, it seems the manager may be correct..

With that in mind, can anyone offer a suggestion for a floor hardener and/or
treatment for a NEW facility?  It can't be too slick a finish or else the
wheeled equipment will not be able to operate very well.

And while I'm asking, the facilities I've seen all have a steel armor plate
on the pushwalls.  Are any other types of material being used on pushwalls?
Perhaps HDPE or something similar?

TIA,

David Finley
M. David Finley, P.E., P.A.