Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete at sign pole base[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Concrete at sign pole base
- From: "David Smith" <smith1129(--nospam--at)charter.net>
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:24:01 -0400
- Cc: "David Smith" <smith1129(--nospam--at)charter.net>
My apologies to the list. I saw a brief discussion on this subject a short time ago and at the time did not pay attention to it.
Lo and behold! A Gwinnett County building inspector has indicated that I must provide 12 # 6 bars for a 36 inch diameter by 3'-9" deep concrete surround for a 4" HSS sign post. The sign is only 11 feet high by 10' wide with two poles. The steel poles extend all the way to the bottom of the hole.
The concrete is being used for protection of the steel and to spread out the soil pressure.
Would some of you be so kind as to repeat some of the code references mentioned?
What would be a typical minimum reinforcing percentage?
- Prev by Subject: Concrete aggregate ASTM spec
- Next by Subject: Re: Concrete at sign pole base
- Previous by thread: Re: Regional Structural Engineering
- Next by thread: Re: Concrete at sign pole base