From: J K Hosseinzadeh [mailto:jamkar(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:00 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: California contract law

Does the Board have any jurisdiction over non-engineers or non-architects offering design, engineering or drafting services to the public? Architectural Board is very specific about this. Nobody can use any word slightly resembling Architect, Architecture, Architectural, ...etc. unless licensed.
I am not sure about a situation where for example, non-licensed drafting services contract with owners or contractors to provide design or drafting services and then usually sub-contract with PE's to do the engineering.
Jamshid K. Hosseinzadeh, SE
Jamkar Engineering                                 Tel 949 250 0522
Newport Beach, California 92660          Fax 949 250 1527
jkh(--nospam--at)jamkar.com                                      http://www.jamkar.com