Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: California contract law

Steve,

The rest of the sentence reads "by the professional engineer and the client, or his or her representative."

The rules use the title professional engineer throughout; however there are entire sections describing ownership and use of corporations.  Under law, a corporation is a separate entity that enters agreements and conducts business just like a pseudo-person.

I don't think it is as clear cut without interpretation as you do.