Hot Sulfur and Concrete (was Re: seaint Digest for 30 Oct 2005)

Steve

Are you thinking 150 F or 150 C (which is 302 F)?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "S. Gordin" <mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: seaint Digest for 30 Oct 2005
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:38:43 -0800

Michael,

Temperature by itself should not be too much of your concern - at 150C concrete does not really change its properties.

Sulfur - particularly, reacting with moisture - creates an environment quite aggressive against both the concrete and the rebars.

This appears to be a specialized area of design, I would not recommend going there alone, just based upon some free online advice. You need a solid, experience- and testing-based technical consultation from a qualified professional. Such consultation is worth every penny you will spend on it.

Steve Gordin SE
Irvine CA