Re: Base isolation for homes?

Thanks, Bob.  That's pretty much my experience too.  Reminds me of a recent article about a huge homebuilder and his comments:

"...the company had already learned that buyers will choose visible flourishes over pragmatism every time.  During the energy crisis of the late 1970s, for instance, one option was a higher grade of insulation.  'No one bought it.  Everyone spent their extra money on moldings.'"  [NYTimes magazine, 10/16/05, p. 53]

That's life,

Ralph