Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Fixed Ladder Dimensions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Fixed Ladder Dimensions
- From: "David Phillips" <dphillips(--nospam--at)HA-PA.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:37:10 -0500
Title: RE: Fixed Ladder Dimensions
The standard 18" dimension comes from OSHA and has to do with someone using the sides to hold on to. I'm not sure if you can go wider, but you should check it based on OSHA.
From: M. David Finley, P.E., P.A. [mailto:davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:01 PM
Subject: Fixed Ladder Dimensions
The "walk-through" style ladders I've seen on several manufacturer's websites have a standard width of 18" and a flare to obtain a width of 24" at the "walk-through" location.
Is there any reason why the ladder cannot be 24" wide the full height?
M. David Finley, P.E., P.A.
2086 SW Main Boulevard - Suite 111
Lake City, FL 32025
- Prev by Subject: Fixed Ladder Dimensions
- Next by Subject: Flood Resistant Design and Construction, SEI/ASCE 24-98
- Previous by thread: Fixed Ladder Dimensions
- Next by thread: ICC Seismic Design 3.01