Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: journalist query - factors of safety[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: RE: journalist query - factors of safety
- From: "Khashayar (Casey) Hemmatyar" <khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:23:10 -0800
Thanks for insight.
Here's what I look at:
The ASCE 7-02 (Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and
Other Structures) provisions are referenced in IBC 2003.
When load combinations are used for Stability check the 0.6D results 1.67 safety factor.
IBC 2003 references to ASCE 7-02 section for "other loads":
1605.3.1.2 Other loads. Where F,H,Por T are to be considered
in design, the load combinations of Section 2.4.1
of ASCE 7 shall be used. Where Fa is to be considered in
design, the load combinations of Section 2.4.2 of ASCE7 shall be used.
= flood load;
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar, PE
William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
- Prev by Subject: RE: journalist query - factors of safety
- Next by Subject: Jump to conclusions
- Previous by thread: RE: journalist query - factors of safety
- Next by thread: California contract law: BORPELS