Re: California contract law BORPELS

Dennis, thank you for your "horror story."  You discuss at length the designer's deficiencies, but barely mention the HEART of the problem, as I see it, which is the licensed PE who stamps the designer's work.  Isn't s/he the main "bad boy" in this situation?  Without him/her there would not be a problem, because the designer probably couldn't continue to do what s/he's doing.  Isn't the PE accepting all of the liability in this situation, if anything goes wrong?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Structural Engineer
Richmond CA USA