Lateral Load Due to Foot-Traffic

I have a 6-ft wide wood-framed exterior one-story stairway/exiting-corridor, no roof.  At about mid-height is a landing supported on 4x4 posts where the stairway makes a 90 degree turn.  I have the feeling that lateral loads due to wind and seismic loading will be relatively insignificant compared during emergency exiting with people turning the corner.  Any ideas on how to estimate or calculate the appropriate lateral load?

Nels Roselund, SE

South San Gabriel, CA

njineer(--nospam--at)att.net