Re: Jumping to Conclusions

In a message dated 11/9/2005 7:07:12 AM Pacific Standard Time, BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com writes:
> Perhaps someone should contact the architect and find out what the
facts
> are and bring the situation to his attention.    Let's not hang him
out to
> dry just yet.

Interesting.

Can you point out to me in YOUR state's rules for professional conduct,
exactly where it tells you at one point you are required to report
malfeasance?

Also, can you tell me where it spells out the unilateral authority you
have to conduct an investigation and conclude whether a violation of the
professional rules of conduct have occurred?

Of course, living in "unenlightened" Texas, our rules state that the
responsibility for investigation lies with the Board of Licensure, not
with the individual complainant.

Hey, by all means go to the alleged miscreant, and tell him of your
concerns. What are you going to do, though, if he says "bugger off, and
mind your own business?"
Yes, very interesting (smile)
IMO, as licensed professionals we are obligated to report "bad apples" to BORPEL. Then it will be up to BORPEL to investigate it. Unfortunately, due to the budget crisis, understaffing, etc. this still enables "bad apples" to stay in practice sometimes for YEARS!!!!
If you get an response like"bugger off" from the "bad apple", at least you got a response, some don't even return your call.

My 2 cents
Antonio S. Luisoni
Consulting S.E.