RE: Continuous Ridge Vents

Drill large holes just off the ridge. This maintains the diaphram and gets the air through the sheathing and into the vent. This allows the rough in carpenter to sheath it the way he has done a thousand times before. Then the roofer snaps a line just clear of the ridge, but within the vent.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: "John L. Smart" <smartj(--nospam--at)smartengineers.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Continuous Ridge Vents
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:00:31 -0500

We generally handled continuous ridge vents in a wood roof by blocking
every second or third space between the rafters or trusses. Does anyone
have a cleverer way of doing this? That is to say, something that might
actually get gone in the field?

John L. Smart, PE
Lindsey & Ritter, Inc.
229-242-9897