RE: Jumping to Conclusions

Bill,
	Here are a few references for you:

NSPE, Code of Ethics for Engineers:
	"....Rules of Practice, Item 1
	f. Engineers having knowledge of any alleged violation of this Code
shall report thereon to appropriate professional bodies and, when relevant,
also to public authorities, and cooperate with the proper authorities in
furnishing such information or assistance as may be required."

Here is the entire document: http://www.nspe.org/ethics/eh1-code.asp

NCEES, Rules of Professional Conduct: (referenced in my state law)
	"A. Licensee's Obligation to Society....
8. Licensees having knowledge of possible violations of any of these Rules
of Professional Conduct shall provide the board with the information and
assistance necessary to make the final determination of such violation.
(Section 150, Disciplinary Action, NCEES Model Law)"

Here is the entire document:
http://www.ncees.org/introduction/about_ncees/ncees_model_rules.pdf

There is also language about publicly disparaging another engineer.  No
mention of disparaging architects. ;)  In my opinion, you should contact the
alleged offender and make sure you understand all issues.  If you are not
satisfied, then you should tell the state & the B.O. about your concerns.
Tell them to request an independent review and hopefully things will
progress from there.

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT