Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
half height steel nuts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: half height steel nuts
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:15:26 -0800
I am trying to research design capacities for some half-height “jamb nuts” for use with connecting some A36 threaded rods in tension. I would assume that you could conservatively take 1/2 the allowable tensile strength in the threaded rod as the half-height nut capacity (because obviously a standard height nut can develop the full rod capacity).
Can anyone point to a text resource that might give me some nut capacity formulas or, really just something to back up my simple argument.
Eli S. Grassley, PE
- Prev by Subject: gypsum board on hat channel horizontal diaphragm to brace partitions
- Next by Subject: RE: half height steel nuts
- Previous by thread: RE: ibc adoption
- Next by thread: RE: half height steel nuts