Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: half height steel nuts[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: half height steel nuts
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:30:35 -0800
Thanks Acie. I will try to look up ANSI B18.2.
I would also assume that you can count on at least 1/2 the rod strength being developed, as I stated in my original post. But the reason I am asking the question is that I don’t want to make an assumption in this case. I’m looking for some kind of reference. Maybe ANSI…
~~ Eli ~~
I do not have a copy of the document in the office at this time but if memory serves me correctly ANSI B18.2 requires standard nuts to be designed so the strength of the threads exceeds the ultimate strength of the bolt. Based on that the 1/2 height nut could develop 1/2 the bolt strength.
- Prev by Subject: Re: half height steel nuts
- Next by Subject: Re: half height steel nuts
- Previous by thread: Re: half height steel nuts
- Next by thread: interior applied product to stop ground water from wicking thru