To: SEAINT
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: Tilt-up & At-a-Distance task monitoring

Thor,

Others have pointed to some options.

Another one is to use something like WebEx (www.webex.com).  Our company
has used it in the past.  Someone said that it was on the expensive side,
but it worked really well.  I am sure that there are other services out
there like it.

In addition, there are programs that you can buy to do it.  One that has
been around for quite a while (originated on the Mac, I believe, but is
now cross-platform) is Timbiktu Pro by netopia
(www.netopia.com/software/products/tb2/win/).

The advantage of a service like WebEx is that you can get it when you need
it and you can use it easily with ANYONE.  So, if you work with a large
variety of people, it potentially would work better.  The advantage of
something like Timbuktu Pro is that it is largely a onetime cost.  So, if
you need to set it up with just one or two people that would will want to
"view" on a regular basis, it might be better.

And as others have said, Micro$oft has some built-in function in some of
their OS/programs.  WinXP does have remote desktop.  Prior to that, there
was some remote desktop features in MS Messanger/NetMeeting, I believe.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp