Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Composite Girders[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Composite Girders
- From: "Kestner, James W." <jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:43:14 -0600
I usually calculate it based upon the panel being rectangular 2 to 1 or greater. >From ACI 318-63, Method 2, Design of Two Way Slabs, M = C w S^2, where C = .033, w = the uniform load and S = span. If you are using metal deck, don't forget that the bending depth of the slab perpendicular to the girder is the total slab thickness minus the deck height.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Composite Girders
- Next by Subject: Conc. Tilt-up w/ crane loads
- Previous by thread: RE: Composite Girders
- Next by thread: Seismic Design of Pedestrian Bridges