Re: Demo Gehry buildings

I happen to have first had knowledge of the building at UC Irvine.  The demolition has been needed for a long time.

It was a piece of crap from the get go.  A misuse of material & a design to satisfy the designer's ego ahead of the owner's and occupants'  needs.

I hope to obtain some of the timber from the building............to use as fire wood, at least the trees will not have been entirely wasted.

btw the building leaked from day one & the dry rot problem was a designed into the building

cheers
Bob