RE: Conc. Tilt-up w/ crane loads

I agree.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:51 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Conc. Tilt-up w/ crane loads

On Nov 30, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Jason Christensen wrote:

> The owner and the crane manufacturer want the crane gravity columns to
> be
> braced by the tilt-up panels.
Maybe it's time the owner and the crane manufacturer got a brief
lecture on fatigue. I don't think you want soft lateral supports either
for resisting service loads or seismic loading. If end up with large
(relatively) swaying displacements because your lateral support is
soft, unpleasant things happen with connections and bolts in
particular. Static analysis won't tell you about this.
1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/