Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Gyp. Board ceiling diaphragm[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Gyp. Board ceiling diaphragm
- From: "Robert Freeman" <robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:11:40 -0800
The only time this has come up has been with the review by the State of California, OSHPD, for hospitals. Drywall ceilings can be used for bracing non-bearing partitions only when the ceiling is the same height and continuous in the overall area (building or floor). There were no design values used in the evaluation.
With Joy and Hope,
Integrated Design Services, Inc.
Bob Freeman, Architect
- Prev by Subject: Good luck to test takers
- Next by Subject: RE: Gypsum board for bracing in 03 IBC Seismic Design Category D
- Previous by thread: gypsum board on hat channel horizontal diaphragm to brace partitions
- Next by thread: Construction cost in Mexico DF