California: National SE II exam administered twice a year

California BPELS has just announced on their website that effective Nov-29-05 they will administer the National SE II exam twice a year. This means both in October and April.

However the California State Specific Structural Engineering Seismic ?SE? examination will continue to be administered only once a year in October.

This would be a blessing for those who had to sit for IBC 2003 on Friday and on Saturday for CBC 2001, in October 2005.

To be able to switch the mind from one Building Code with ALL of its references (ACI, MSJC, NDS, AISC, ASCE and more...) to a totally different Building Code, within 24 hours, was a major challenge for everyone I know.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/pels/

Casey K. Hemmatyar, PE
California