From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:40:49 +0000
Subject: RE: ASCE Table 1-1 Classification of Buidlings

Maureen,
Almost all of my work is for DoD entities. This particular provision was authored by an incredibly insightful, brilliant engineer. I see him every morning in the mirror. (Humor to the point of knee slapping is intended;>)

This provision evolved from the work in which we had a performance requirement that we had to be operational immediately after a 2,500 year seismic event. There is more DoD seismic guidance in the offing coming in the form of the UFC 3-310-04. There is a lot more of what is involved for criticality for national defense facilities.

Regards,
Harold Sprague