Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: crack monitor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: crack monitor
- From: AmerRescue(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:19:15 EST
In a message dated 12/1/2005 11:25:33 A.M. Atlantic Standard Time, amanipula(--nospam--at)novagroupinc.net writes:
I remember seeing an article in one of the trade mags about crack
At collapsed buildings, in major disasters (many hundreds if not thousands of collapsed buildings) time and simplicity are of the essence. Having said this and considering that our very lives are at risk as we crawl inside these piles of rubble it is necessary to be practical and highly functional ( I have personally crawled inside of 894 collapsed buildings).
We wet a piece of paper (usually 8"X10") and stick it over the crack. The wet paper will stick by itself.
If there is any movement whatsoever the wet paper tears.
Simple yet effective.
- Prev by Subject: Re: crack monitor
- Next by Subject: RE: crack monitor
- Previous by thread: RE: crack monitor
- Next by thread: Re: crack monitor