From: Nels Roselund [mailto:njineer(--nospam--at)att.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:59 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: crack monitor

Alden,

You probably saw my article in the September 2005 issue of Structure
Magazine.  Any convenient adhesive may be used to secure the cards.  Bruce's
suggestion of marking directly on the surface works just as well,
particularly if the surface is smooth so that it allows clean, sharp lines
to be drawn.  On a historic project where we were concerned about not
leaving a trace of our monitors after we completed our investigation, we
used a water-soluble adhesive that materials-conservators use.  I don't know
now what the material was.

Nels Roselund, SE
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net