From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 8:41 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs

Javier,

Hiring an experienced consultant is an option that you should consider.
The
best single reference book is the one by one of the best firms in
parking
garages, Walker Parking Consultants, "PARKING STRUCTURES: Planning,
Design,
Construction, Maintenance and Repair".

Concrete structural assessment, evaluation, and repair need to be
performed
with life cycle costs in mind.  This book does it all.

One of the authors is Anthony Chrest.  Mr. Chrest died in 2002, but his
knowledge lives on in this book.  Tony was a prominent leader in the
concrete industry for many years.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

>From: "Javier Encinas" <asdip(--nospam--at)adelphia.net>
>To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
>Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:56:06 -0400
>
>Does anybody have a good reference (books, articles, catalogs, web
sites,
>etc.) regarding some methods to repair elevated slabs whose rebars are
>severely corroded? Is there any commercial product or technique to
restore
>the structural capacity of the slab, other than demolishing and
>re-building? Thanks in advance.
>
>Javier Encinas, MSCE, PE
>SPECTRA Engineering, PSC

On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how