From: Garner, Robert [mailto:rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com]
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 2:32 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs

From, The Graduate:  "In a word, plastics".  Seriously, there are a lot of plastic composite companies that do just this.  VSL should be contacted.  Here in San Diego we have Fife plastics.  They laminate carbon (or kevlar or ?) fibers to the underside of the deck to add tensile strength.  I think you will have trouble with your existing corroded rebar, however.  It will continue to rust and pop off concrete giving you nothing to attached the composite to.

Bob