From: "Javier Encinas" <asdip(--nospam--at)adelphia.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:56:06 -0400

Does anybody have a good reference (books, articles, catalogs, web
sites, etc.) regarding some methods to repair elevated slabs whose rebars are severely corroded? Is there any commercial product or technique to restore the structural capacity of the slab, other than demolishing and re-building? Thanks in advance.

Javier Encinas, MSCE, PE
SPECTRA Engineering, PSC

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F. ASCE

Senior Project Manager