Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:24:56 -0500
Based on the original request from Javier I assumed that he wanted to start with the basics. The book I referenced is a good source for someone who has had no experience with concrete deterioration and needs an initial basic understanding before getting into the real details.
You are familiar with my own qualifications because you have asked me in the past to peer review an article you had published in Structural Engineer on the repair of post-tensioned concrete structure.
In the future please try and resist the urge to trash talk people just on a whim.
From: "Javier Encinas" <asdip(--nospam--at)adelphia.net>
Subject: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:56:06 -0400
Does anybody have a good reference (books, articles, catalogs, web
sites, etc.) regarding some methods to repair elevated slabs whose rebars are severely corroded? Is there any commercial product or technique to restore the structural capacity of the slab, other than demolishing and re-building? Thanks in advance.
Javier Encinas, MSCE, PE
SPECTRA Engineering, PSC
D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F. ASCE
Senior Project Manager
Schoor DePalma Engineers and Consultants
200 State Highway Nine
Manalapan, NJ 07726
732-577-9000 (Ext. 1283)
732 -431-9428 (Fax)
think that "Concrete Repair and
Maintenance Illustrated" by Peter Emmons with Structural Preservation
is a much better source.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
- Next by Subject: Re: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
- Previous by thread: Re: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs
- Next by thread: Re: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs