Re: Corrosion in reinforcing steel in slabs

Matthew,

I guess I don't understand why you considered it a personal affront, as you noted I asked you to review an article.

My point was that when you recommend a book that someone is likely to buy sight unseen from Amazon.com, etc,  you should make it clear if the book has some limitations.

Although Emmons book has useful information  I don't think it is appropriate for someone to use as a basis for making engineering decisions on elevated slabs.  I  believe the post came from someone who was a PE and mentioned something about structural capacity.  I don't think Emmons book really is intended for someone making decisions on structural capacity.

Gail Kelley