Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

Yes I did read it ..they do have Building Departments over there, but ............

There are Building Deptartments here too, unfortunately the one in San Marino, CA farms out its structural plan check to a private firm. I redesigned a project in that city that was previously "ruberstamped" by their consultant. There was and still is no doubt in my mind that that "approved" strcuture would have collapsed with out the redesign, some mebers had a safety factor of 0.33, yes 0.3!!!!
(The consultants "excuse" was that the city does not pay him enough, what a fine professional!!!)

Antonio S. Luisoni, SE