Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

Just curious where the engineering firm (EOR) who designed the unsafe building is based in?

Suresh Acharya, S.E.

>>> ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com 12/5/2005 9:45:53 AM >>>
Yes I did read it ..they do have Building Departments over there, but

There are Building Deptartments here too, unfortunately the one in San
Marino, CA farms out its structural plan check to a private firm. I  redesigned a
project in that city that was previously "ruberstamped" by their  consultant.
There was and still is no doubt in my mind that that  "approved" strcuture
would have collapsed with out the redesign, some mebers had  a safety factor of
0.33, yes 0.3!!!!
(The consultants "excuse" was that the city does not pay him enough, what a
fine professional!!!)

Antonio S. Luisoni, SE