Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

Normally mistakes are done in the drafting side.  Not all mistakes are seen by the EOR and that is where the plan checkers are needed to check and make sure that the calculations jibe with the drawings.  If the plan checker will not do his job thoroughly then what's the use of plan checking then?  EOR is not always perfect but mistakes are eliminated if the EOR and plan checker do as much as they can to contribute in eliminating those mistakes.  It is not a good idea that EOR get all the blames when mistakes occurred.  If this is the case, then the plan checker will not thoroughly check the plans because if there are mistakes it's not his responsibility anyway.  Again what is the use of plan checker in this case? Why spent time to plan check drawings you are not responsible for any mistakes anyway.  This should be team effort to reduce errors.

ASQuilalaJr., P.E.