Re: Concrete floor on wood trusses

Exactly, Exclusion 1 of both the UBC and IBC provisions - up to 4 inches of concrete topping.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: Concrete floor on wood trusses

If the concrete is non-structural it is perfectly permissible and is done every day.  Every multi-story wood building typically receives an 1.5 inch concrete topping slab or 1 inch of gypcrete or similar product.  The IBC does not permit support of structural concrete on wood, non-structural can be up to 4" thick.