I've raised this issue previously:  Asking very general questions like "I have a building to design; can anyone help me?" really isn't very productive for anyone involved.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 12/6/05 5:50:38 PM, mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com writes:
Exactly, Exclusion 1 of both the UBC and IBC provisions - up to 4 inches of concrete topping.

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Feather
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: Concrete floor on wood trusses

If the concrete is non-structural it is perfectly permissible and is done every day.  Every multi-story wood building typically receives an 1.5 inch concrete topping slab or 1 inch of gypcrete or similar product.  The IBC does not permit support of structural concrete on wood, non-structural can be up to 4" thick.

Paul Feather PE, SE
www.SE-Solutions.net
pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net