Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

In a message dated 12/8/2005 9:43:02 AM Pacific Standard Time, Scott.M.Haan(--nospam--at)poa02.usace.army.mil writes:

If you are submitting 95% complete plans for permit – I would have “not for construction” clearly printed in the title block and not sign the seal.  It is also advisable to call the reviewer and tell him to disapprove the plans because the plans are incomplete.

Or, I would mark the drawings "For plan check only" prior to submitting them and of course not sign nor stamp them. (exept for DSA, where you usually get a "complete" plan check incl. net-picking corrections).

Antonio S. Luisoni, SE