City of Stockton
(209) 937-5097
Gary.Grinstead(--nospam--at)ci.stockton.ca.us

>>> mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com 12/8/2005 11:45 AM >>>
I am not sure, Paul.
May be, Mr. Tom is just a responsible guy who wants to be sure that those high-rise structures that will hold and overshadow hundreds - or even thousands - of people are acceptably safe.  This is his job.  The fact that he does that across the mayor's endorsement is, IMO, commendable and noteworthy.
The site is very close to, and between, three A-faults.
Just my two cents.
Steve Gordin SE
Irvine CA

----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Feather
  To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 11:25 AM
  Subject: Re: And you think you have plan check problems...

  Great article.

  I wouldn't say someone "got called" on anything.  I would say that the building official is out of his depth, does not understand the structure, and is trying to place restrictions on a building by imposing un-quantified standards that are in excess of what the law requires.

  Both the design firm and the review firm are qualified individuals.  It sounds like another case of making innovation like swimming upstream.

  Paul Feather PE, SE
  www.SE-Solutions.net
  pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net