From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: And you think you have plan check problems...

Great article.

I wouldn't say someone "got called" on anything.  I would say that the building official is out of his depth, does not understand the structure, and is trying to place restrictions on a building by imposing un-quantified standards that are in excess of what the law requires.

Both the design firm and the review firm are qualified individuals.  It sounds like another case of making innovation like swimming upstream.