Engineer Humor

I thought you guys might enjoy this:

Engineer (Jack Nicholson): You want answers?

Architect (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.

Engineer: You want answers?

Architect: I want the truth!!

Engineer: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has
FLOORS. And those FLOORS have to be SUPPORTED BY COLUMNS. Who's gonna
DESIGN THEM? You? You, MR. ARCHITECT? I have a greater responsibility
than you can possibly fathom. You weep for LOST FLOOR SPACE and you
curse the COLUMNS. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not
knowing what I
know: that THOSE COLUMNS, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my
existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves
lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't
talk about at parties, you want me on that DESIGN TEAM. You need me on
that DESIGN TEAM. We use words like DESIGN, code, ANALYSIS...we use
these words as the backbone to a life spent SUPPORTING something. You
use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to
explain my DESIGN to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the
very STRUCTURES I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide
it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise,
I suggest you pick up a STEEL MANUAL and DESIGN a post. Either way, I
don't give a d@mn what you think you're entitled to!

Architect: Did you SCHEDULE THE COLUMNS?

Engineer: (quietly) I did the job you HIRED me to do.

Architect: Did you SCHEDULE THE COLUMNS?

Engineer: You're God-d@mn-right I did!!!

Kevin Meis
Technical Recruiter
Aerotek Architecture and Engineering