From: ASQENGG2(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:ASQENGG2(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:28 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

Hey, you bastards don't call names.  That's my opinion and I didn't call you names.  Actually I'm just talking about plan checkers that does not even know how to plan check or does not even do the plan checking.  You only spend a couple of hours to plan check a medium size residence by comparing the results on the calculations with that of the framing plans. Most of the plan checkers are doing their job very well but what piss me off  are those that will not spend time to review the drawings and the calcs and then approved the drawings like there are no errors at all.  I know that I should get most of the responsibility plan but checkers should also their part as well.  If, as I said before, the plan checkers don't have a degree of responsibility then they will just approve the drawings without plan checking it. Checking the most critical portion of the project or just minor things so that there is a chance for the drawings to comeback is good enough for me .  There are times that you need to submit about 90% of the drawings done because of time constraint and almost everybody is doing that.  There are engineers that are worse by submitting half done. So what I need is just a some plan checking on the part of plan checker. Is that asking too much?

ASQuilalaJr., P.E.