From: Kestner, James W. [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the
building depa...

We have seen all kinds of plan checks over the years:

One plan checker reviewed our drawings and thought all the beams were
undersized. He even had reams of output from computer programs that told
us the beams were undersized. He wrote this up in a letter to us and the
Owner. It turned out that this plan checker was not an engineer. He used
to be a structural steel detailer and thought that he knew how to design
beams.

Other plan reviews come back often with with no comments.

Jim K.