Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

Hey, you bastards don't call names.  That's my opinion and I didn't  call you
names.  Actually I'm just talking about plan checkers that  does not even
know how to plan check or does not even do the plan  checking.  You only spend a
couple of hours to plan check a medium  size residence by comparing the
results on the calculations with that of the  framing plans. Most of the plan
checkers are doing their job very  well but what piss me off  are those that will
not spend time to  review the drawings and the calcs and then approved the
drawings like there  are no errors at all.  I know that I should get most of the
responsibility  plan but checkers should also their part as well.  If, as I
said before, the plan checkers don't have a degree of responsibility then  they
will just approve the drawings without plan checking it. Checking the most
critical portion of the project or just minor things so that there is a  chance
for the drawings to comeback is good enough for me  .  There are times that you
need to submit about 90% of the  drawings done because of time constraint and
almost everybody is doing  that.  There are engineers that are worse by
submitting half done. So what  I need is just a some plan checking on the part of
plan checker. Is that  asking too much?

ASQuilalaJr., P.E.

In a message dated 12/07/05 9:47:45 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,