RE: Giants, Frogs, et al

From: Stuart, Matthew [mailto:mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com]

> I am familiar with their buy-in program/plan

I wish I could say the same. It’s sort of looming on the horizon, but I’m far too busy to think about it right now.

But this much I can say: I wish that Engineers would “grow up” as businesspeople and treat each other with at least the same courtesy that rat-bag attorneys do among themselves.

I think we’re far more deserving, personally.

But as one of the firm’s principals remarked when I asked why he thought more engineering firms didn’t practice “progressive partnership”:

“It’s because when an engineer starts his own company he thinks he’s the only one who OUGHT to benefit.”

Hm.

I’ve always heard “a rising tide lifts all boats.” But not, apparently, where engineering business practices are concerned.

I guess we’re all “Keynesians.”