Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

I was upset because someone said shame on me!  I think that was not very nice of them!

As I said in my previous thread, I tried to do my calculations almost 100% but architects or designers / drafters are so in a hurry to submit without even completing the drawings.  So if  only the plan checkers do their job and not rubber stamp the drawings then it will give the engineer some time to do corrections when the drawings will come back from corrections. If he can catch just 1% to 5% of the mistakes then that's good enough. This will buy the engineer some time to correct the plans.