Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

In a message dated 12/10/2005 4:21:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net writes:
ASQENGG@ writes:

"The reason that I say this is because I tried to do my calculations almost 100%. So almost all the mistakes done are in the drafting side of it."

My mentor used to say, "The best calculations on earth mean nothing if the information isn't on the drawings.  They don't build from calculations."

The product of a professional engineer is not just calculations, it is a complete package of drawings and information supported by calculations that accurately convey the structure you are trying to construct.

Instead of measuring project success by how fantastic the calculation package is, try measuring success by how few RFI's were required.

Paul Feather PE, SE
Correct again, Paul!
But if the calculations are wrong.........the drawings will reflect that too....and if  that engineer is checking the drawings based on his computations..........good luck!

Antonio S. Luisoni, PE, SE