RE: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the building depa...

Legally, how long is one required to maintain records of calculations?
Michel

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Wright [mailto:chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 7:41 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Architect cheating on structural calculations - where's the
building depa...

On Dec 12, 2005, at 9:08 AM, Polhemus, Bill wrote:

>  There are times when I DON’T want to have any calculations
> available—for the very reason that, while I didn’t go to law-school,
> some other pecker-wood most assuredly DID.
I've found that a lack of any calculations or analysis is almost as
valuable to a plaintiff attorney as poor calculations.     It's a lot
easier on the plaintiff's expert, because the jury only gets to hear
his side of things. Poor calculations show at least an attempt to
validate a design. With no calculations, especially by an engineer,
plaintiff counsel can easily show reckless disregard in addition to
negligence.

1864)
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/