RE: concrete topping? on metal deck over timber structure.

David,

I agree, although there isn’t a client, I mentioned a hypothetical situation.  I guess in thinking of the last similar thread concerning concrete topping, I was pondering a system that may be used that would alleviate some of the concerns of a topping over plywood deck, which would provide a good “strength and stiffness” system and still be allowed per code.  A possible situation may be at an elevated exterior deck where the supporting structure is wanting to be exposed timber per architectural considerations, but needing the durable concrete surface.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.